Tuesday, March 13, 2012

05.01.2007


Happy Endings

Fairy tales usually end their story by having the princess marry the prince. After the grand wedding we never hear from them anymore. 

Did they have kids? Did they remain happy? Or was their happiness short-lived? Was the prince really that charming that the princess fell in love with him instantly? Is the princess that enchanting that the prince decided right then that she’s the woman he’s going to spend the rest of his life with? Did the prince remain faithful to his princess or did he cheat on her with any of the chamber maids? After a few years of being together did the princess ever realize that her prince wasn’t so charming after all? 
         
We never really knew what happened to them. Their marriage was never the end of the story. It was only the beginning of a whole new story. Falling for each other is always the easy part. Staying happy after that is an entirely different matter.

As for me, this is my kind of happy ending:

"I've always had a thing for happy endings; I don't know why. You know the movies where the couple falls in love, gets married, has kids, then fifty or sixty years later, one of them dies, and two or three days later the other one dies. Okay, so that's not a great example of a happy ending. I mean two people are dead. But, for some reason I thought Katie and I would be that couple. Not that we would be dead, I mean, but that we would go on forever."--Ben Jordan (Bruce Willis) 
____________
Romantic teeny bopper. 2007. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment