Monday, November 23, 2009

pooh and friends



It amazes me how the Winnie the Pooh series is filled with philosophical undertones. One would think the series is all about stupid stuffed animals who somehow always to get into trouble but then if you'd actually try to get past those silly things you'd discover a variety of philosophical schools of thought.

Sometimes when I want to puzzle over other people's behavior I tend to identify them with the characters of the series. And you know what whenever I try to do this weird exercise of mine I rarely find a Pooh.

I think Poohs make great company and it's a shame that they are so few. They are the people who are so easy to be with because of the simplicity of their minds, as opposed to Rabbits that tend to really get on my nerves. You see, I hate Rabbits. I can never be with Rabbits. They think they know everything about anything. Usually, they are the ones who cannot seem to shut up. They always have something to say but then what they say really doesn't matter most of the time. On the other hand, I can stand Piglets. I cannot be around them 24/7 but they can be good company most of the time. Not as good as Poohs but they will do if there's no Pooh around. I think Piglets are harmless creatures. They often know their limitations and they would never really try to push the envelope. I think if you want to be on the safe side of things you can always rely on a Piglet to find that side. Then you have the Eeyores. These are the nega creatures. But you know what I prefer being with them than being with a Rabbit. And they are really not that bad. Once you 've cheered them up from their current down state, they're good to go. But I think there is only a certain level of 'Eeyoreness' that each of us can tolerate. Anything beyond that may actually be bad for us. And then there's Tigger. This kind is special to me. You see, I have this tendency to be attracted to Tiggers. It's so fun watching them bounce around thinking that they can do everything. And I always find myself wishing that I'd be able to do that too. I often want to be with a Tigger but the problem is I can't really handle the continuous bouncing around. I think too much bouncing around is stupid and a waste of time.

So there. And what's the point of all of these? Nothing actually. I've just shown you a piece of the inner workings of my mind. =P
________________

I was free writing here. So excuse my english. And I just realized how therapeutic free writing can be.=) let's do this again sarita!=)

1 comment: