Tuesday, March 22, 2011

there are no words for this

They say happiness means being content with what you have. But what do you call the emotion you feel when you finally get that one thing you've always wanted? Surely, that can't be happiness if we go by the definition I just gave. 

I think it's a much stronger feeling than happiness. But I don't think there is a word for it. I doubt that there is a word out there that is actually capable of encapsulating the feeling of being able to realize, at long last, your wannabe dream. Besides, labels are too constricting. Why limit such a profound feeling by words that are incapable of giving full significance to it?

I don't even think I should be wasting my time trying to figure out what this emotion should be called. I don't think that the lack of a word for it would somehow diminish this euphoric feeling within me. I should simply relish this feeling while it lasts.

All I know is, it's definitely NOT JUST A FEELING. It's something else. The best 'something' I've ever felt for the longest time!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment