Monday, October 26, 2009

funny people

People are funny when they try to be nosy.

I heard this rumor from my friend that someone was insisting that I was actually in a relationship with one of my friends. And this person was actually insisting that I was simply keeping the relationship under the radar (showbiz?).

When I heard this rumor I could not stop myself from laughing out loud. I really find it so amusing that someone would think that me and my friend would actually be more than just friends. I wonder what she saw in us to make her think of that...I don't think I ever did anything out of the ordinary that would make anyone think that I'm actually with my friend.

Sure, in some instances, I might have used this friend of mine to get rid of a certain nuisance. A nuisance that I have longed to punch in the face just to shake him off from his delusions! I mean, Boy, makiramdam ka naman! Anyway, that nuisance is another story. A story that I do not intend to waste my precious time on.

Back to my friend. Yes, he's simply just that. A friend. I could never like someone who has more side comments than myself. He's too talkative for my taste. I remember one time in a class, I was sitting beside him and before the class started he was already talking non-stop. When I realized that he would not shut up any time soon, I suddenly stood up and told him, "Sa unahan ako. wala ako marinig dito." He's a good friend. but he's really not the type whom I can stand to be with for long periods of time. I'd be simply be exhausted just trying to keep up with the endless chatter.

But that's not really the funny part. The person who kept on insisting that I am with my friend clearly does not know me very well. I don't think that I could simply keep mum if ever I was actually in a relationship right now. I don't think I would be able to keep myself from shutting up about that kind of thing. I don't think something like that is meant to be kept. Why hide something as special as that, right? But then, maybe that's just the romantic bone in me.

Now, amusement is over. Back to my books, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment