Tuesday, August 25, 2009

mr. joe f-o-x


What about you, is there someone else?
No. No, but... but there's the dream of someone else.
_______________

I just finished watching You've Got Mail again and I just can't stop myself from smiling.

This is my favorite part, well, aside from the final scene:

Joe Fox: You know, sometimes I wonder...
Kathleen Kelly: What?
Joe Fox: Well... if I hadn't been Fox Books and you hadn't been The Shop Around the Corner, and you and I had just, well... met...
Kathleen Kelly: I know.
Joe Fox: Yeah. I would have asked for your number, and I wouldn't have been able to wait twenty-four hours before calling you and saying, "Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee or, you know, drinks or dinner or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?"
Kathleen Kelly: Joe...
Joe Fox: And you and I would have never been at war. And the only thing we'd fight about would be which video to rent on a Saturday night.
Kathleen Kelly: Well, who fights about that?
Joe Fox: Well, some people. Not us.
Kathleen Kelly: We would never.
Joe Fox: If only.

*Because of this movie alone, I'll be smiling for the rest of the week.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment