Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Juan Antonio


Cristina: [Looking at a sculpture of Jesus] Are you very religious?
Juan Antonio: No, no, no, no, I'm not. The trick is to enjoy life, accepting it has no meaning whatsoever.
Cristina: No meaning? You don't think that authentic love gives life meaning?
Juan Antonio: Yes, but love is so transient. Isn't it? I was in love with a most incredible woman... and then in the end...
Vicky
: Yes?
Juan Antonio
: She put a knife into me.
Cristina
: My God, that's terrible!
Vicky: Well, maybe you did something to deserve it.
_____________________
I really like Juan Antonio. I like the way that he sees life. Looking at life as devoid of meaning seems to be a callous thing. But then If we'd really think about it, it's actually the best way to deal with it.

Putting up labels and meanings to things inevitably makes us set some expectations, and very often, in life, things don't really turn out the way we want them to turn out. I think it's really best for us to approach life without any expectations. We should avoid giving it meanings that simply tend to complicate it further. Let's simply take it as it is. In that way we save ourselves from disappointments. And wouldn't our lives be so much easier if we expose ourselves to less frustrations. Why maybe we can actually be like Juan Antonio and end up having two lovers under one roof! haha:P


Aside from Juan Antonio's philosophy in life, I also have to admire him for being able to make his polygamous nature seem like an okay thing. In fact, he didn't only make it seem like an okay thing, he made it seem very romantic, in a twisted way. But still I cannot deny that every time he tries to woo any of the three women, you get the sense that he's very sincere about his feelings towards each of them. As if it's possible for him to love the three women all at the same time. He made it appear that it's okay to have them all. And instead of being repulsed by what he was doing I actually admire him for it. If I were a guy, I would like to be exactly like him! galeng nya eh! haha... Now, I really understand why God never made me a guy! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment