Sunday, June 28, 2009

an alien to this world.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
-C.S Lewis

At some point in our lives we might convince ourselves that we are, indeed, meant for another world. Not because this world is too much for us but because this world isn't actually enough for us. As if we have grown bigger than this world and it can no longer contain us. But then after a few attempts of breaking free, of trying to find our way out, we then find ourselves resigned to the fate that this world has set for us. And our remaining days are spent trying to fit ourselves into the mold that was never our own making.

How ironic, as I am writing these words, a voice inside me is trying to contradict me, telling me that I got it all wrong.

Yes, I know, it's wrong to put the blame on the world. After all, we are simply victims of our own choices.

But then there are really just those moments when I am so convinced that I'm better off in another world. That this world isn't really enough for me, as if I've become bigger than this world. But then as I walk through its surface ,all proud and tall, convinced that I have actually become bigger than it is, I suddenly stumble onto something causing me to fall flat on my face. (Um! ilusyonada ka!) haha.

But you see, sometimes, it's just much easier to accept the fact that we are meant for another world than to try to understand that there are just some things that we'll never get hold of. =)


good night world!

1 comment:

  1. Sabi na nga ba eh may mga napadpad ditong Aliens sa Pinas.. Tsk! Tsk!! balik ka na lang dun sa planeta mo, kaya mo nafefeel yan kasi you were never meant to be here, kasi nga Alien ka Lols!! :D

    ReplyDelete