Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I gotta see about a girl

Will: I don't care if Helen of Troy walks in the room, that's Game 6! 
Sean: Oh, Helen of Troy... 
Will: Oh my God; and who are these fuckin' friends of yours, they let you get away with that? 
Sean: Oh... they had to. 
Will: W-w-w-what'd you say to them? 
Sean: I just slid my ticket across the table, and I said, "Sorry, guys; I gotta see about a girl." 
Will: I gotta go see about a girl? 
Sean: Yeah. 
Will: That's what you said? And they let you get away with that? 
Sean: Oh, yeah. They saw in my eyes that I meant it. 
Will: You're kiddin' me. 
Sean: No, I'm not kiddin' you, Will. That's why I'm not talkin' right now about some girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. I don't regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don't regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don't regret the last years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don't regret missin' the damn game. That's regret. 
[pause] 
Will: Wow... Woulda been nice to catch that game, though. 
Sean: [sheepishly] I didn't know Pudge was gonna hit a homer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment